Sunday, May 19, 2013

    This weeks poetry reading was a little easier considering I knew a little more about poetry and different styles. Not only did I like some of the writings by Jennier K. Dick but I also thought the way she set up her book of poems was very unique. To start off how she did different sections for the first half of the book and then some poems had titles, some didnt and etc. Flouresence was alot easier to comprehend in some parts rather than the shakespere poetry and such we read last week.
    One poem that I found quite interesting was called "I want to take back". Not only was the content in this poem very interesting but the set up of this poem was unique to. In some lines of this poem there are big spaces in between the next word, im not sure why it is set up that way but it makes the poem more eye opening and something people would want to read. The way i interpreted this poem was basically this guy misses the person he used to be and would like to go back but is not sure if he can go back. By this phrase " I the light back refigured in the man the room, taken" you can tell what Jennifer means by this is the guy tried to go back to what he used to be but couldnt so he came to terms with the person he is today. I liked this poem because I found it very relatable to life because we will always be changing.
   Another poem that i found interesting was part 4 in flouresences, you could tell that this was a very sad poem for her. The way I interpreted this poem was pretty much the pressure of life was getting to her and she tried keeping hope but it was doing no good for her. You can tell this is a very depressing poem and I'm pretty sure it is about her wanting to commit suicide because of all these pressures of life. Just the way she explains her self such as " the feeling of pain which is accompinied by silence" is so unique because by reading this line I know exactly what she means and it is probably a feeling most of us have encountred. Like if you are feeling hurt you just stay silent because you don't know what to say.
 

1 comment:

  1. Ok, good. Include discussion about the fiction stories too. 15/20

    ReplyDelete